1. AFT is Celebrating its 16th Consecutive Year of Helping Freshwater Turtles & Turtle Keepers Online and 22nd Year providing the AFT Care Guide. AFT is a not-for-profit charity administered 100% by volunteer staff only.

long neck turtle looking for a new home [vic]

Discussion in 'Free Turtles (&/or Equipment) to a Good Home' started by paulymo, Dec 5, 2017.

1. paulymo

paulymo Egg

Hi,

I have a long necked turtle that needs to be re-homed as my parents can no longer look after it since I moved out.
    Her name is Spike, (I didn't know it was a female until recently; maybe Spike-ette now.)

She has been indoors her entire life so far and does have a small lump on her chin but otherwise she is healthy.
    She is roughly 15-20cm.

I am looking for someone who will look after her and treat her well.

I am happy to provide you with a tank, etc if you require it.

I am located in Melbourne west.

IMG_9157_2.jpg IMG_9329.jpg IMG_20170804_125501.jpg IMG_20170805_100953.jpg IMG_9330.JPG IMG_9407.JPG IMG_9408.JPG

2. Aussiepride83

Aussiepride83 Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi there, this turtle needs to see a reptile vet urgently, it appears to have a serious abscess in its mouth and a multitude of health issues which are dietary and husbandry related. I can almost guarantee 100% this turtle has MBD (Metabolic Bone Disease.) Unfortunately this turtle is far from healthy and anyone taking it on will need to spend a substantial amount of time and $$$ to rehabilitate it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. paulymo

paulymo Egg

Hi, thanks for letting me know. This was my first turtle and I had no idea there was anything wrong. I am not sure what to do as I don't have a wealth of money at the moment to help. Is there somewhere I can take her who would board the turtle and give this turtle the treatment it needs and help?