1. They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old; Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning. We will remember them. Lest We Forget.

Food For Turtles

Discussion in 'Diet and Feeding' started by Russdog9000, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Russdog9000

Russdog9000 Hatchling Turtle

Hi all, with all your help I managed to build my pond. It is now thriving and healthy with tons of plants and two healthy Saw-shells. I am switching over to the Wombaroo insectivore rearing mix food but I just have a few questions. First, when you are putting the prawns in the blender, does it matter if they are cooked or raw? Second, are there any specific ratios for making this? And finally, this doesn't relate to the food, is there a way to catch your turtles without harming them in a pond, because I would really like to check up on them.
    Cheers, Ethan

2. Craig

Craig Administrator
    Platinum Level Supporter

Hi Ethan,
    It's preferable if the prawns are raw and still have their shells on, but the heads and tails must be removed due to the sharp tail and head spikes. No, there are no specific ratios, it depends on the species of turtle you are feeding as long-necked turtles don't like any aquatic plants in their mix but short-necked turtles do. Insects like Woodies and silkworms, as well as prawns and small whole fish are good to add to the mixture.

3. Russdog9000

Thanks Craig. So is there any way to catch the turtles?

4. Craig

Craig Administrator
    Platinum Level Supporter

5. Russdog9000

Ok. Will try. Thank you so much. You have been a big help yet again.
    Cheers, Ethan

6. Craig

Craig Administrator
    Platinum Level Supporter

You're welcome Ethan!