1. AFT is Celebrating its 16th Consecutive Year of Helping Freshwater Turtles & Turtle Keepers Online and 22nd Year providing the AFT Care Guide. AFT is a not-for-profit charity administered 100% by volunteer staff only.

Eastern long-necked turtle looking for a new home (VIC)

Discussion in 'Free Turtles (&/or Equipment) to a Good Home' started by paulymo, Dec 5, 2017.

1. paulymo

paulymo Egg

Hi,

I have a long necked turtle that needs to be re-homed as my parents can no longer look after it since I moved out.
    Her name is Spike, (I didn't know it was a female until recently; maybe Spike-ette now.)

She has been indoors her entire life so far and does have a small lump on her chin but otherwise she is healthy.
    She is roughly 15-20cm.

I am looking for someone who will look after her and treat her well.

I am happy to provide you with a tank, etc if you require it.

I am located in Melbourne west.

View attachment 18066 View attachment 18067 View attachment 18068 View attachment 18069 View attachment 18070 View attachment 18071 View attachment 18072

2. Aussiepride83

Aussiepride83 Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi there, this turtle needs to see a reptile vet urgently, it appears to have a serious abscess in its mouth and a multitude of health issues which are dietary and husbandry related. Unfortunately this turtle is far from healthy and anyone taking it on will need to spend a substantial amount of time and $$$ to rehabilitate it.

• Agree Agree x 1