1. AFT is Celebrating its 16th Consecutive Year of Helping Freshwater Turtles & Turtle Keepers Online and 22nd Year providing the AFT Care Guide. AFT is a not-for-profit charity administered 100% by voluntary staff only.

2 Turtles need to go to new home, Brisbane

Discussion in 'Free Turtles (&/or Equipment) to a Good Home' started by jay.spyve, Oct 26, 2017.

1. jay.spyve

jay.spyve Egg

Hi all,
    I have 3 turtles and 2 tanks, one of the turtles starting biting the others foot and resulted in some bad infections and toe amputations. I now will need to rehome 1 or 2 of my turtles as I don't want to set up a 3rd tank to keep them all apart, Any help would be much appreciated. I'm located south side Brisbane, Shailer Park but willing to meet somewhere or help anyway I can, just want them to go to a good home.
    0433688599 if anyone can help out.
    Thanks
    Jay
    IMG_5959.JPG IMG_5961.JPG IMG_5963.JPG IMG_5964.JPG IMG_5968.JPG IMG_5971.JPG

1) Common Name: Murray River Turtle, Saw-shelled Turtle
    2) Scientific Name: 1 Emydura macquarii macquarii & 1 Myuchelys latisternum
    3) Number available: 2
    4) Shell length in cm: 22cm, 25cm
    5) Housed inside or outside? Both inside
    6) Dimensions of current enclosure:120cm Length x 60cm Width x 60cm Depth
    7) Turtle's name(s): Pickles, Percy
    8) Location (suburb and post code): QLD, Shailer Park, 4128
    9) Is there a tank/pond or other equipment available to the new owner? Yes

4 Foot tank with stand, filter, lights, heater etc if needed but 2 turtles can't be in together, they keep fighting and the tank is too small. Would suite someone who has already got turtles and a big area.

#1 jay.spyve, Oct 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2017