Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A turtles memory?

Hi there, I'm new so I wasn't sure where to post this thread on the forum

I have a really old Australian freshwater tortoise book previously owned by my dad so it was pretty out of date (yet still had some useful care facts).

But what I wanted to ask was: Does anyone know how long a freshwater turtle's memory is? More specifically, Murray River turtle.

Thanks
    Dani

Adult Turtle
    Images
    Why would you need to know??? You have got me curious now.

Welcome to AFT .
    Regards, Brian

Mine all seem to remember that me (or other humans for that matter) equals food!
    Regards
    Allan

Whenever there are a group of people looking at my turtle through the glass of his tank, he always seems to stare at me. Perhaps he knows I am the one with the food
    1 x Murray River Turtle (Franklin)

Chris.

My crew know the difference between me and my wife!

Adult Turtle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Hill View Post

Yes because she is last in your signature
    Regards, Brian

Adult Turtle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Hill View Post
    Who wears the pants?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Mercer View Post
    Yes because she is last in your signature

Brian
    Erin is last as you always save the best until last!! And as for you, Ian I think we share a leg each.. or no pants at all!

this post got a little off topic

Haha and sorry for this late reply. I was just curious because sure they are aware of you being there and are always excited about feed time. but I had a fruit box I would put them to run around while I cleaned out their tank etc, and they would just continuously run around and around the outside of it trying to get out. There were a few sides of the box that were shorter and they managed to climb out (clever) but when I put them back in they'd walk pass that area they just got out from. Like they didn't recognise it. I'm sure scent is a skill they learn in the wild to adventure and come back.

Anyway that was an un-exciting story I was merely curious and thought that someone might know. I've got them in with 3 goldfish and has anyone heard the myth "goldfish have a memory of 3 seconds?"

I adore my little guys. such interesting creatures
    Dani

Sub-Adult Turtle
    Images
    Hahaha Yes I have heard the myth of a goldfishes memory and it was on this show called "MythBusters" and goldfish do have a memory longer then 3 seconds because they did all these tests and found out that they have quite a good memory... A bit off topic but also a bit interesting...
    Bubbles, my 6 year old Krefft

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast